Kia Electric Concept and Stinger Special Edition Debut at New York Auto Show
Many automotive companies have already made an appearance at the 2019 New York International Auto Show currently underway in the borough of Manhattan. Kia provided its own entries to the festivities with 2 new Kia vehicles, both of which we’ll go over today.
First, there is the Kia HabaNiro, an all-electric compact SUV concept with all-wheel drive.
Second, there is the limited-edition Kia Stinger GTS with a newly integrated dynamic all-wheel drive system.
Kia HabaNiro All-Electric Concept
Created by a Kia design studio situated in California, the Kia HabaNiro concept is built to appeal to all drivers with a vision for ‘future mobility’. Its build is supposed to fulfill the purpose of commuter-travel, cargo space needs, seating, and even all-terrain with its electric all-wheel drive system. Add on the fact that this concept has an all-electric range of 300 miles, and you’ll see how the Kia HabaNiro fulfills every need.
The exterior design is striking and distinctive without wading into the notion of being over-produced. The EV chassis architecture of the HabaNiro provides a wide and confident stance despite its relatively compact build. This gives it a sense of condensed power, packed into a versatile package. Highlights of the Kia HabaNiro’s outside include:
- Anodized “Lava Red” Aero Panel and Accents
- Milled Billet Aluminum Tow Hooks
- Satin Aluminum Skid Plates
- Satin Metallic Granite Grey Cladding
- “Shark” Snout Grille with Gloss Black Aluminum ‘Teeth’
- Snowdrift Pearl White Tri-Coat Exterior Base Color
The interior of the Kia HabaNiro concept fully embraces the Lava Red color scheme teased by the vehicle’s exterior with Lava Red paneling, trimming, and Bouclé fabric-trimmed seats. However, a bigger draw beyond the striking look of the interior is the brand-new and latest-generation technology found inside, such as:
- 3D Speed Readout Display
- AI-Based Read-Time Emotion Adaptive Driving System (R.E.A.D.)
- Eye-Tracking System with 180° Rearview Video Display
- Front Windshield Heads-Up Display System
- Full-Width Acrylic Touch Panel with Sensory Light Feedback (SLF)
- Level-Five Autonomous Driving System
- Lighting Color Effect (LCE)
- Navigation System with Augmented Reality Graphic Directions
- Perimeter Ventilation System (PVS)
- And More!
To learn more about the Kia HabaNiro concept, you can continue your reading here.
Kia Stinger GTS Limited Edition
Based upon the 2019 Kia Stinger GT trim, the Kia Stinger GTS is a special edition that will be limited to just 800 units for sale. Compared to the standard 2019 Kia Stinger GT, the Kia Stinger GTS special edition offers the following:
- 702-Watt Harman/Kardon® Premium Audio
- Alcantara® Center Console and Steering Wheel
- Center Stinger Emblem
- Dynamic All-Wheel Drive System
- “Federation” Premium Orange Paint Color
- Genuine Carbon Fiber – Grille, Mirror Caps, Side Vents
- GTS Rear Emblem
- Premium Suede-Like Chamude® Headliner
- Wireless Charger
A Kia Stinger GTS with rear-wheel drive has a starting MSRP of $44,000.
A Kia Stinger GTS with dynamic all-wheel drive has a starting MSRP of $46,500.
To learn more about the Kia Stinger GTS, you can continue your reading here.
Learn About More Future and Special Edition Kia Models in Schenectady, NY
Kia has been on quite a roll introducing new concept vehicles and special editions to existing models, such as the recently unveiled “Imagine,” “Masterpiece,” and “Signature” debuts. To learn more about new Kia innovations, please keep checking in with our blog and contact us if you have any additional questions you’d like answered. The Fuccillo Kia of Schenectady staff can be reached online, by phone, or in person at our dealership located in Schenectady, New York.
What are the Color Options for the 2020 Kia Optima Hybrid Models?
2020 Kia Optima Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid Paint Color Options The 2020 Kia model season is ...read more
Is the 2019 Kia Stinger or the 2020 Kia Telluride More Powerful?
2019 Kia Stinger Sports Sedan vs 2020 Kia Telluride Full-Size SUV Which is the most powerful ...read more